Albert Einstein describes the Law of Attraction perfectly when he said, “Everything is energy and that’s all there is to it. Match the frequency of the energy you want and you cannot help but get that reality. There can be no other way. This is not philosophy. This is physics.”
Putting it another way, the Law of Attraction teaches that what you think and feel will eventually become your reality. That means you can manifest from both your positive and negative thoughts. However, what many people do not know is that in order to manifest what you want you have to learn the art of letting go.
The Art of Allowing
One ultimate sign of trust is letting go. You let go because you trust that you will receive whatever it is that you want to manifest and that you are deserving and worthy of it. To help you understand the concept of letting go better, let’s take one of the lessons taught by Abraham Hicks.
Find an ordinary pencil and hold it in your hand. Imagine that the pencils contain a truly painful memory. Maybe you were abused or you went through divorce. Think of a memory that’s been a bane of your existence since you experienced it and you don’t want to think of it anymore. However, you can’t “let go” of it at the same time.
Now, look at your hand that’s holding the pencil. Start to try letting the pencil go and observe how your hands want to keep holding it. Not only will your hand keep holding the pencil, but it would also seem that it is not obeying your instructions to let go. Just how important is letting go? It is the one of the key secrets to manifesting new things.
Here’s the lowdown on letting go: you can liken it to decluttering of your mind. Letting go means releasing whatever it is that is keeping you stuck so you can move on and find something better. When you let go, you allow change to come in. While the mind won’t enjoy change (it enjoys familiarity and comfort), letting go is crucial to allow new things in your life.
Release and Let Go: Three Powerful Affirmations You Can Use
1. I release and let go of doubt and worry and as I release this worry, abundance is rushing toward me now.
2. I allow for a space where new relationships can come in with a new energy.
3. I release and let go of my need to control family, friends, partners and business associates and now accept every encounter as a valid lesson.
Over to You
Letting go is no easy feat. The next time you find it hard to let go, keep in mind the following takeaways:
- Letting go is hard, BUT it can be done.
- Letting go is necessary so you can let go of the old and bring the new in.
- Letting go is one of the primary factors that can keep you stuck.
- Letting go will take time but reciting the affirmations can help make letting go happen faster for you.