If you are into astrology, you are likely getting your daily horoscope on the go.
You probably even know when Mercury will be in retrograde.
However, even if you are familiar with all the basics of astrology, it is likely that there is one lesser-known facet of astrology you might not be familiar with—astrocartography.
Also known as astrogeography, this facet of astrology can dramatically change where you decide to live or how you travel.
Astrocartography in a Nutshell
In essence, astrocartography focuses on how the placements of the planet affect the energies you will feel in places you live in or visit, depending on where and when you were born.
Astrologer Jim Lewis took the complex theories about astrocartography and boiled them down into a map of locations.
He did this by working with angular planets.
Angular planets are those planets that fall between two houses and are located along the access.
According to Elizabeth Smith, an astrocartography expert, astrocartography also uses crossings or parans.
Apart from being an amazing relocation tool, Elizabeth Smith considers it a great healing tool for those people who are forced to deal with their present location.
How Astrocartography Works
Before Lewis developed the interesting art of astrocartography, astrologers created maps by hand.
Nowadays, you just need to key in your time, location, and birth date so you can get a basic map and see where your lines are across the globe.
When you first see your map, it would appear like a series of confusing lines.
But make no mistake about it, they all mean something.
However, if you want to know all the details of what everything means, it would be best to seek the help of an astrocartographer.
An astrocartographer can provide valuable insights and help you create a game plan on how you can incorporate those insights into your life.
Each of the lines links up with a specific celestial body that brings out qualities like growth, creativity, and love within up to 700 miles of that line.
This is called the orb of influence.
Keep in mind that each planet has a light or dark potential energy, depending on certain aspects of your personal chart.
To give you some idea on what it is that you are seeking out, below is a quick insight of the energy each planet brings out:
- Sun: This line is about self-realization and your ego. It is where you can find your best self.
- Moon: This is where you get to be more in touch with your instincts, emotions, and divine feminine energy.
- Mercury: This is where communication is heightened and thoughts thrive. This is recommended if you are honing in on your career or writing a book.
- Venus: Venus is known to draw in beauty and love. This line would be ideal when defining your relationship.
- Jupiter: Jupiter is the planet of abundance, joy, and fortune. Luck tends to be more abundant in this line.
- Mars: This is where you can find passion and competition. This is the opposite of the moon line where the masculine energy lies.
- Saturn: This line is all about structure and opportunities for growth and learning.
- Uranus: This brings rebellious energy—likely a great spot for your next trip.
- Neptune: Neptune’s spiritual energy can open your eyes to something although you most likely don’t want to spend too much time in this line.
- Pluto: Pluto’s lines are known to have the greatest concentration of energy. This can lead to massive growth and changes.
Over to You
If you are feeling stuck both physically and emotionally, astrocartography can be a wonderful way to bring happiness into your life and create a great plan for your future. It is also an amazing way to work with your current energy and a good addition to your astrology repertoire.