Just like the other signs in the zodiac, Capricorn personality traits are both unique and fascinating.
The tenth sign of the zodiac, Capricorn, is represented by a sea goat.
Just like the Sagittarian centaur, it is a mythological hybrid that is a cross between a goat and a fish.
Capricorns can be so nuanced that they often get misunderstood.
However, you can get an insight into what makes them tick by looking at Saturn, their ruling planet.
Saturn is all about realness, honesty, and authenticity.
Saturn also symbolizes the wisdom of old age.
You’re probably wondering why are Capricorns so attractive, there are plenty of possible answers.
However, what makes the Capricorn personality stand out is they are not the type to jump on the bandwagon or fall for the latest trends and fads.
Saturn, a slow-moving planet also reminds us that we are humans and we have certain limitations.
Even so, Capricorns are a reminder that humans have the ability to enjoy earthly success, achieve greatness, and find truth by focusing on what feels authentic.
Is Capricorn an Earth Sign?
Yes, Capricorn is an earth sign ruled by Saturn (or Makara in Vedic astrology).
Capricorn’s energy is wise and honest.
This reliable earth sign is also considered ambitious, stoic, self-reliant, and practical.
Other enticing Capricorn characteristics include strength, ambition, determination, and perseverance.
Capricorns are also known for their resilience.
One of the things about Capricorn that stands out is they won’t give up.
They are the type to keep going when others would have given up a long time ago.
This trait makes them great friends, partners, and collaborators in life.
Capricorns tend to keep their circles small and they are very supportive and loyal to their friends and loved ones.
They love creating luxurious and secure nests and they always aim to live an enviable and comfortable lifestyle.
Living well is a priority for Capricorns.
Capricorns are born shrewd and they know what makes others tick.
To get an idea of what is the Capricorn personality like, let us check some of the Capricorn eminent personalities: Michelle Obama, Liam Hemsworth, Dolly Parton, Bradley Cooper, and Kate Middleton.
What Month is a Capricorn? Learn Some Fun Facts About this Sign
If you were born between December 22 and January 19, you’re a Capricorn since those are the Capricorn dates.
If you are a Capricorn or you are with a Capricorn, these are some of the fun facts you need to know:
- Capricorn people are one of the most loyal friends you can have. However, it is important to keep in mind that they won’t take kindly to being messed around. Capricorns know the value of their time.
- One of the most well-known Capricorn stereotypes is they won’t give up easily, regardless if it’s work or relationships. They are known for their immense resilience and perseverance. They won’t stop until they are able to make things work.
- Capricorns love constructive and useful praise. However, they don’t like receiving meaningless compliments.
- Capricorns also have the tendency to become their worst and biggest critic. They are the type to set really ambitious goals and work hard to achieve whatever it is that they want. Luckily, they are typically successful because of their self-assuredness and confidence.
- What are Capricorn traits considered detrimental? Capricorn negative traits include their tendency to work too hard to the point that they burnout. If this is you, it would be wise to remember that taking a break can help you become even more productive.
- One amazing Capricorn trait is their resourcefulness and practicality. They focus on finding solutions to their problems rather than getting distracted like the other signs.
- While Capricorns are always eager to get on with things, one of their best traits is their patience and the fact that they know that slow and steady eventually wins the race.
- One thing not many people know about Capricorns is they can have a bit of a temper. While they can stay calm for the most part, they can lash out when their buttons are pushed.
- One of Capricorn’s most known traits is their ambitious nature. They are not the type to just sit around and daydream. Capricorns are all about making things happen.
- This earth sign is also known for their dependable nature. They are also very down to earth. Just like their fellow earth sign, Virgo, they are highly organized and don’t like wasting time. For them, time is very precious.
- Your Capricorn friends are unlikely to indulge in gossip. Capricorns like to work with facts and they don’t have time to entertain something that is not true.
- The practical thinking nature and problem solving side of Capricorn makes them superb at giving advice. Chatting with your Capricorn friends can leave you feeling more sure of yourself.
- It is rare for you to hear Capricorn jokes as they have the tendency to take things rather seriously. Capricorns also tend to bottle things up. Understandably, opening up every now and then can do wonders for this highly independent zodiac.
- Capricorns also love having alone time. Even extroverted Capricorns need some time to chill in solitude.
- One amazing trait Capricorns possess is their ability to figure people out in just seconds.
More About Cool Capricorn
Capricorns are considered the ultimate worker bees—they are practical, goal-oriented, organized, and don’t mind working hard.
They are also willing to give up a lot to achieve their goals.
Capricorns love making their own rules.
Amazingly, you won’t find them basking in their glory or flaunting their successes.
Instead, they stay modest and show their authority through their actions.
Their humility makes Capricorns thrive as leaders of a group or of positions of power.
Given the opportunity, Capricorns absorb the responsibilities of others as their own and can work towards any goal with a can-do attitude.
They can also effortlessly lift up people around them.
While Capricorn’s strengths include wild success, their tendency to overachieve can indirectly compromise their journey to reach their own goals.
Since they sometimes fail to consider the feelings of others in order to operate as smoothly and efficiently as possible, they have the tendency to rub people the wrong way.
Capricorns also tend to hold themselves up to very high standards and expect nothing less from their peers.
Aside from finding it difficult to be mindful of the feelings of others, Capricorns can also struggle when it comes to expressing their own feelings.
They are the time to keep up walls and it’s hard for them to just loosen up and enjoy life.
However, once they loosen up, they can reveal a gentler and very caring side.
Capricorn Compatibility in Relationships and Love
Capricorns are naturally drawn to other earth signs like Virgo and Taurus.
All three have an appreciation for what is useful, material, and practical.
When paired with a water sign like Pisces, Cancer, or Scorpio, they can create a productive union.
This makes perfect sense as things grow when you bring water and earth together.
With fire signs like Leo, Aries, and Sagittarius, Capricorns need to exercise caution.
Fire can scorch the earth. On the other hand, earth can also smother fire.
When it comes to pairing with air signs like Aquarius, Libra, and Gemini, Capricorns need to also think twice as air can turn earth into dust.
Capricorns are slow to fall in love.
They always want to make sure that any partnership they are involved in would be worth investing in.
They also view love as a commitment that will require a massive level of responsibility.
Capricorns sexually have specific preferences.
For instance, they are big on taking the lead and physical attraction.
They can be very intense in the bedroom but they are also great lovers who tend to set their sights on ensuring their partner attains ultimate pleasure and satisfaction.
Generally speaking, Capricorns thrive in roles that will make them authorities in the field.
They also excel in jobs that will require them to maintain order, build structure, and think strategically.
Ideal career options for Capricorn include law, architecture, dentistry, admin personnel, and dentistry.
They would also do well with careers that allow them to ascend in a highly visible way.
Intuitively, they are aligned with the ideals of hierarchy and authority and they prefer that a person of integrity is in charge.
In the absence of hierarchy, Capricorns are capable of taking on any role on their own.
They also make great entrepreneurs.
They can strive well in business and they know how to use and deploy resources and plan strategies like nobody’s business.
Over to You
If you are a Capricorn, you also need to be cautious of practicing active listening so you can give others a chance to express themselves properly. Finding a mentee you can support will also be deeply fulfilling for you as you love to help others succeed with the same pragmatism and passion that you apply to yourself.