You might not be aware of this but your life is built with hundreds of tiny habits that you do daily.
Some habits are seemingly trivial that you might not notice their impact right away.
However, overtime, they can make a world of difference.
The good thing is we have the power to change our bad habits and add new ones that can benefit us.
We divided our list down into 3 important categories (and instalments): happy, healthy, and impactful.
Let’s start this series with happy habits you can incorporate into your life:
- Say thank you as soon as you wake up. Don’t know what to be thankful for? Check out our massive gratitude list here.
- Go on a digital detox and unplug for at least an hour each day.
- Limit (or avoid) news consumption.
- Start a journal and start documenting your life journey.
- Consume media that empowers you. Read inspirational quotes, listen to empowering podcasts, and surround yourself with positive people.
- Take good care of yourself. Check our powerful self-care ideas here.
- Let go of things you cannot change.
- Compliment yourself each day. Or finish this sentence: I love myself because . . .
- Set aside time for meditation. Start with a 5-minute meditation and take it from there.
- Focus on the bright and positive side of any situation. Practice finding the silver lining at all times.
- Schedule regular date nights and spend quality time with your significant other or friends and family.
- Have fun with your kids. Let your hair down.
- Find a spiritual place or spiritual practice that resonates with you.
- Declutter your space regularly.
- Don’t hesitate to say no to things and activities that don’t excite you.
- Invest in unforgettable experiences you will treasure for the rest of your life.
- Create fun and meaningful rituals and traditions with friends and loved ones.
- Look at yourself in the mirror and tell yourself how much you love and appreciate yourself.
- Share a meal each day with others (friends, loved ones, significant others).
- Make your bedroom your own private sanctuary.
- Have more sex. Make time for it.
- Invest in things that make you feel confident and great about yourself (this includes clothes that make you feel sexy, yoga classes, seminars, classes, courses, and workshops that help you learn new things, eating healthy foods, etc.)
- Pray or meditate.
- Watch less TV.
- Don’t shy away from asking for help when you need it.
- Laugh often. Watch funny shows with friends and loved ones.
- Set up regular play dates with friends and loved ones.
Over to You
This sums up the list of happy habits you can incorporate in your life. In our next instalment, we’ll tackle healthy habits you can easily integrate in your life so don’t miss it!