Have you read our first instalment of life-changing habits?
If not, you can find it here.
In this second instalment, we’ll list down health habits that can have a massive impact on the quality of your life.
You only get one body in this lifetime so it makes sense to take care of it the best way you can.
Give your health a dramatic boost by integrating the following healthy habits into your life:
- Go out and breathe in fresh air.
- Exercise and move your body for at least 30 minutes each day.
- Get yourself 8 hours of solid sleep. Create a sleeping ritual if you have to!
- Eat your fruits and vegetables.
- Try a new, nutritious, and healthy recipe.
- Take a quick walk during work breaks.
- Use the stairs instead of the elevator.
- Stand every now and then. Don’t spend the majority of your time sitting at your desk.
- Wear sunscreen.
- Host regular dance parties with friends and loved ones.
- Brush and floss daily.
- Avoid the middle aisles of stores (that’s where the majority of processed foods are placed).
- Cook more often rather than eating out.
- Take multivitamin supplements regularly.
- Give up soda and other sugary drinks.
- Incorporate regular evening walks with pets and loved ones in your schedule.
- Park your vehicle far and walk the rest of the way.
- Have “walk meetings” with a colleague at work.
- Join a workout or yoga class.
- Plan your meals ahead of time so you won’t get tempted.
- Control portion sizes by using small plates.
- Read your food labels.
- Stop eating at least 3 hours before you sleep.
- Drink herbal or green tea.
- Consider easy substitutions (ranch to olive oil dressings, milk chocolate to dark chocolate).
- Drink a glass of water before each meal.
- Eliminate caffeine or alcohol.
- Try new and organic products.
- Drink chamomile tea before sleeping.
- Look for a low sugar smoothie recipe to try.
- Quit smoking.
- Consume only healthy snacks.
- Add more vegetables and fruits in your meals.
- Learn how to improve your posture.
- Eat less meat. Start with “Meatless Monday.”
- Incorporate strength training in your exercise routine.
- Prepare healthy freezer meals.
- Fill half of your plate with colourful vegetables.
- Drink smarter. This means more water and less sugary beverages.
- Eat mindfully. Be aware of what and how much you are eating. Chew slowly.
- Keep a food log so you will know what you are putting into your body.
- Embrace new cooking technologies and techniques.
- Consider walking more. Aim for at least 10,000 steps each day.
- Get up ten minutes earlier each day and take a quick brisk walk.
- Invest in a standing desk so you can increase your daily movement.
- Work on lowering your stress levels. Get your self-care on!
- Unplug regularly daily and limit time spent on social media.
- Plan and schedule yearly breaks or holidays. A time away can do amazing things for your soul.
- Read more.
- Laugh more.
Over to You
What healthy habits are you planning to integrate into your life? We’d love to hear about it! Do check our third and final instalment below for habits that can help you create the most impact. Don’t miss it!