This is the third and final instalment of life-changing habits that can help you create an amazing life.
Today’s list focuses on good habits that can help you make an impact.
Incorporating the following habits into your life can help you achieve two objectives:
- Make your life more productive, better, and more successful.
- Make the lives of those around you (friends, family, loved ones, community, the world at large) better.
Habits That Make an Impact
- Go first. Be the first to say hi and smile to everyone.
- Place real plants and greenery into your home.
- Refer to your to-do list. Finish the most difficult tasks first.
- Save money regularly. Consider automatic transfers.
- Read personal growth books as much as you can.
- Invest your money wisely.
- Invest in yourself.
- Set aside money to help others.
- Get out of your comfort zone and do things that scare you.
- Compliment a stranger.
- Create a powerful morning routine.
- Reach out to someone that inspires you.
- Create a 5-year plan and review it regularly.
- Try a spending freeze for a few months (or a year!)
- Visualise your ideal day. Visualise your ideal future.
- Write your goals down.
- Read to your kids.
- Call a family member or friend and check up on them.
- Create a night routine and make each night count.
- Hang out with open-minded and smart people.
- Volunteer for a good cause.
- Track your finances accordingly.
- Don’t be afraid to fail. Reflect and learn from your mistakes.
- Plan your day. A productivity planner can come in handy.
- Set goals and focus on accomplishing them.
- Keep track of your progress in terms of goals and habits.
- Host regular family dinners.
- Adopt a growth mindset.
- Implement the 80/20 principle (Pareto Principle). Work on that thing that will create the most impact.
- Review and reflect often.
- Learn something new daily. You have an unlimited number of resources nowadays, books, blogs, podcasts, TedTalks, YouTube videos, the sky’s the limit.
- Begin right now. There is no such thing as the perfect moment. Just pick one habit and work your way up.
Where to Start
Don’t know where to start?
That’s a dilemma many people share.
To help you out, we have listed down the top 5 daily habits that can improve your life and can help get you off to a great start:
1. Exercise Daily
When you exercise regularly, you have more energy to take on your day.
Studies show that the less stressed you are, the more focused you can become.
You will also be able to do more when you are at a healthy weight.
After all, when you are not carrying any excess weight, you look better, you feel better, and you will have more energy to go after what you want.
Truly, this habit can benefit you in more ways than you can possibly imagine.
2. Enough Sleep
Sleep can have a massive impact on your daily life.
When you have more sleep, you will have more energy and more focus.
That said, you can make better decisions and you will have more energy to accomplish more.
3. Replace One Meal a Day
If you are eating junk today, it’s never too late to start eating healthy.
Incorporate one healthy meal replacement daily—a vegetable soup, a smoothie, or a salad, you will be giving yourself more protection and energy against future illnesses.
Your body is worth it.
Remember: NONE of the other habits can happen if you are sick.
Once you reap the benefits of meditation, you’d wish you had done it earlier.
If you meditate, you can effectively lower anxiety, stress, and depression.
Not only that, meditation can also improve your memory function and focus.
With meditation, all the other habits will become more doable.
5. Create Successful Routines
Lastly, a good morning and night routine can include some of the habits we have in the list.
Once you are able to establish a good routine, incorporating as many life-changing habits should come easy.
Over to You
Incorporating life-changing habits into your life can be tricky at first. This is especially true if you have integrated unhealthy ones for far too long. The good thing is you can always start with the first five we have listed above and take it from there. Although uncomfortable at first, replacing old and unhealthy habits with new and positive ones is one of the best things you can do for yourself (and the world at large).