Horrible. Bad. No good day.
We all get them.
No one is immune to them.
You know, those days when you would rather crawl back into bed than face your problems and responsibilities.
Bad days get especially hard especially if you put yourself on the back burner.
While unfortunate to note, most are programmed to take care of everyone else first and themselves last.
However, as cliche as it may sound, you need to take care of yourself first before you can take care of others.
You need to also relax and recharge on a consistent basis so you can be your best self most of the time.
Self-Care: What It Is and Why You Need It
Simply put, self-care is the intentional act of caring for yourself physically, mentally, and emotionally.
Ideally, this comes naturally and is an effortless part of daily living.
Sadly, in today’s fast-paced society, many people put self-care last.
Eventually, they end up getting stressed, depressed, and burnt out.
Great Self-Care Ideas You Can Try
Regardless if you just need a quick pick me up or would like a fast reboot, below are fantastic self-care tips you can easily implement:
- Drink a smoothing cup of your favorite tea.
- Say a few positive affirmations.
- Get your gratitude journal out and write 10 things you are grateful for.
- Take a relaxing detox bath (consider using essential oils and epsom salts)
- Create and follow a skin care routine.
- Meditate and breathe deeply.
- Get 7 to 8 hours of sound and uninterrupted sleep.
- Start your day with your favorite yoga poses.
- Make time for a good exercise routine.
- Take a walk in nature.
- Buy yourself your favorite flowers.
- Write 5 (or more!) things you love about yourself.
- Write in your favorite journal.
- Create a vision board or a bucket list.
- Start decluttering your room and giving out items you no longer need.
- Read an inspirational personal growth book.
- Go for a long walk on your own (or with friends and loved ones).
- Get a relaxing massage.
- Do (or watch) something that makes you laugh.
- Plan a relaxing, exciting, and fabulous getaway.
- Stretch to relieve muscle tensions.
- Watch your favorite TV show.
- Have a few friends for a sleepover.
- Do a brain dump.
- Plan and prepare for a romantic date night.
- Do something for the first time (like a new skill or a new restaurant).
- Give yourself a manicure and pedicure.
- Call, text, or send someone you love an email.
- Light your favorite candle.
- Listen to your favorite podcast.
- Spend time with someone who inspires you.
- Cook a delicious and nutritious meal for yourself.
- Plan an elaborate spa day.
- Do a digital detox for a few hours (or a few days, if you are feeling adventurous!)
- Eat your favorite salad or prepare your favorite smoothie.
- Take some pretty photos.
- Visit a favorite place and stay there for a few hours.
- Get out and bask in the sunshine (or have your coffee outside, whichever works for you!).
- Listen to some of your favorite music.
- Hug someone you love (friends, significant other, family, pets!)
- Drink a full glass of water (try to aim for 8 glasses for a whole day).
- Read uplifting, inspirational, and motivational quotes.
- Put on fabulous clothes and put on some lovely makeup (basically, anything that will make you feel your most attractive!).
- Watch an inspirational TedTalk.
- Watch the sunrise.
- Create a relaxing morning routine.
- Change your bedroom sheets.
- Diffuse your favorite essential oils.
- Do a random act of kindness for someone.
- Go out for a nice coffee (on your own or with someone you love).
Over to You
Above are 50 of the best self-care ideas you can try. In the second instalment, we will provide another set of amazing self-care ideas you can easily incorporate in your life. Don’t miss it!