It sounds cliche but true: the longest relationship you will ever have is with yourself. That said, it makes perfect sense to give yourself the love you give to others. To help you with your self-love journey, below are some of the best self-love books you should read:
1. You are a Badass: How to Stop Doubting Your Greatness and Start Living an Awesome Life by Jen Sincero
World-renowned life coach Jen Sincero offers helpful tips on how you can end self-sabotage and design the life that you want.
If you love the book, you will also love her other books “You are a Badass Every Day” and “You are a Badass at Making Money.”
If you’re looking to manifest love or a new relationship in your life or even spice up your marriage, have a look at this book, I used it to manifest my wife and have a happy marriage.
2. The Self-Love Experiment: 15 Principles for Becoming More Kind, Compassionate, and Accepting of Yourself by Shannon Kaiser
If the idea of self-love is foreign to you, this book can help. Shannon also provided 15 self-love principles that will get your self-love journey off to a superb start.
The international speaker and life coach is hailed as one of the “Top 100 Women to Watch in Wellness” by Mind Body Green.
3. Start Where You Are: A Journal for Self-Exploration by Meera Lee Patel
Meera Lee Patel created an interactive journal with exercises designed to help you figure out where you are in your journey.
From the journal, you can find uplifting prompts such as “Five things that always and immediately bring a smile to your face.”
4. How to Love Yourself (And Sometimes Other People) by Lodro Rinzler and Meggan Watterson
Oftentimes, your self-worth can get wrapped up in your romantic relationships. In this book, both writers provide a spiritual way for you to untangle the two.
Both Rinzler and Watterson studied Buddhism and Christian mysticism.
5. I Heart Me: The Science of Self-Love by David R. Hamilton PhD
If you prefer figures and facts, this book is for you. David R. Hamilton is a scientist who has worked in the pharmaceutical industry for four years before studying the biology of self-love.
He then delved into neuroscience research and biochemistry and created 27 exercises that are designed to reprogram your brain.
6. Radical Self-Love: A Guide to Loving Yourself and Living Your Dreams by Gala Darling
The author, Gala Darling has taught self-love for over a decade and she shared all her findings in this book.
The book also has homework assignments that can help you become accountable for your own self-love goals.
Prior to writing the book, she co-founded The Blogcademy.
7. Unfu*k Yourself: Get Out of Your Head and Into Your Life by Gary John Bishop
If you need some hard-talk and straight-truth mode advice, you can never go wrong with this book.
Gary John Bishop tells you straightforwardly how to get out of your own way.
Bishop, a native of Glasgow, Scotland, describes his approach to self-help as urban philosophy.
8. Beautiful You: A Daily Guide to Radical Self-Acceptance by Rosie Molinary
If you are looking for a book that can give you one small thing to do daily, this book is for you.
This book will help you keep a master list of joys so you would stop comparing yourself to others.
This book is a 365-day plan for self-love.
Each of the tasks are quick and easy so you will feel much better about yourself before you know it.
9. Becoming Whole: A Healing Companion to Ease Emotional Pain and Find Self-Love by Bruce Alan Kehr, M.D.
Bruce Alan Kehr, M.D. is an award-winning psychiatrist who has been practicing for over four decades.
His book focuses on how to overcome past pain so you can build up your self-esteem from there.
10. Mastering Your Mean Girl: The No BS Guide to Silencing Your Inner Critic and Becoming Wildly Wealthy, Fabulously Healthy, and Busting with Love by Melissa Ambrosini
Do you always hear that voice in your head that tells you to doubt yourself?
According to author and speaker Melissa Ambrosini, that’s your mean girl speaking.
In the book, Melissa gives instructions on how you can quiet the mean girl down.
If you love her book, you can also listen to her podcast which covers topics like “Choose Love and Joy,” and “Be Thankful for the Small Stuff.”
11. The Body is Not an Apology: The Power of Radical Self-Love by Sonya Renee Taylor
Poet and activist Sonya Renee Taylor provide ways to understand the origins of body shame so you can liberate yourself from it.
In the book, model Tess Holliday considers the book as an essential reading for those who crave understanding and those who are on the path to learning how complex and beautiful their bodies are.
12. Empowering Women: A Guide to Loving Yourself, Breaking Rules, and Bringing Good Into Your Life by Louise Hay
This book is an updated version of Louise Hay’s bestselling book “Love Yourself, Heal Your Life Workbook.”
The book focuses on self-esteem and how it is one of the most important tools women can use.
Over to You
If you are working on loving yourself, it is reassuring to know there is no shortage of amazing books that can help you get to where you need to be. Check out one or all of the books above and you can hasten your journey to self-love before you know it.