There’s an endless list of things you can be grateful for this 2021.
However, with all the craziness that is going on in the world, it has become hard for many to see the massive good that’s all around them.
If you find it hard to see all the things that’s going for you or you just need a healthy dose of optimism, a gratitude list is exactly what you need.
Why Make a Gratitude List?
According to science, gratitude can:
- Make you happier
- Make you focus on positive emotions
- Increase your self-confidence and self-esteem
- Improve your relationships
- Help with decision-making
- Reduce depression and stress
- Improve your health
The list can go on.
The bottom line? If you have not incorporated gratitude in your life yet, it is about time you should.
The Ultimate Gratitude List for 2021
Do you find it hard to start your gratitude list?
This list is a good place to start:
- Home. As cliche as it may seem, there is no place like your home. If you still have your home, you have something many people don’t have.
- Parents. They gave you life and took care of you. If they are still around, consider yourself blessed.
- Friends. Friends that have become family. Nothing can beat those.
- Children. They can bring unbelievable joy and magic in your life.
- Relationship. It’s a blessing to have someone you can spend the rest of your life with. That’s something to be grateful for.
- Pets. Animals are amazing sources of love.
- Health. Health is wealth. You can’t enjoy whatever it is that you have if you are sick.
- Sight. If you have the ability to see the world, that’s something you should be thankful for.
- Smell. The ability to sniff something freshly baked. The ability to be transported through time through your sense of smell.
- Taste. Can you imagine what it would be like to not be able to taste your favorite food?
- Touch. Your sense of touch is a great part of how you connect with others.
- Food. Consider yourself blessed if you won’t have to worry where your next meal is coming from.
- Travel. Visiting other places can help you experience other culture. It’s something you should be thankful for.
- Kindness of others/strangers. When someone extends a helping hand, a listening ear, reaches out to you in love, that’s no small thing. It’s something to be grateful for.
- Heating and cooling. Being able to control the temperature inside your home is a blessing many overlook.
- Safe neighborhood. If you don’t have to worry about your safety and that of your loved ones, that’s something you should not take for granted.
- Freedoms and rights. Being able to vote, practicing your religion are not commonplace. If you are able to enjoy your rights and freedoms, that’s something to be grateful for.
- Sunshine. It can do amazing things for your health and well-being. It makes the world a more beautiful place to live in.
- Modern medicine. It provides you and your loved ones the ability to live longer and enjoy a better quality of life.
- Planet Earth. It’s full of beauty and magic. It also has just the right conditions for you to live and thrive.
- Clothing. Having plenty of clothes to protect you from is another thing to be thankful for.
- Electricity. Just a flick of a switch and there’s light. How awesome is that?
- Clean water. Consider yourself lucky if you have clean water to drink.
- Education. Not everyone gets access to good quality education. It’s something worth giving thanks for.
- Stable government. There are people who live in countries without a stable government. If you live in a place with a stable government, it’s something you should not take for granted.
Over to You
We have covered some of the essentials you should be thankful for and should make it to your gratitude list. In our next installment, we will cover some of the unexpected things you should be grateful for so watch out for it!