Have you read our first instalment of things to be grateful for this 2021?
If not, click here.
In today’s second instalment, we’ll cover unexpected things you should be grateful for.
Let’s get to it!
Unexpected Things to Be Grateful For This 2021
These are some things not commonly listed down on most people’s gratitude list.
But they should be!
If anything, they are definitely worth thanking for.
26. Sunday mornings. That feeling of space, calm, and relaxation that only Sundays can provide.
27. Long weekends. Three-day weekends are always worth looking forward to.
28. A good cry. Most people just hold it in. But a good cry can always make things feel better.
29. Exercise. This is something many people take for granted. However, your ability to be able to move your body is something worth celebrating.
30. A great book. Don’t you just love it when you are transported to a magical world right in the comfort of your own home?
31. Finishing an important project. It would be great to give thanks for successfully finishing a project that means something to you.
32. Alone time. This is something not many people get to enjoy. If you enjoy some alone time, you should be grateful.
33. Silver linings. They make even the most difficult challenges a little easier to transcend.
34. Making others feel good. Getting someone to smile, laugh, or feel good is something you should be grateful you can do.
35. Deep conversations. Conversations that make you feel connected with another merits a space in your gratitude list.
36. Learning from your mistakes. This is how you grow and evolve. This is how you become the best version of yourself.
37. Negative emotions. If you dig deeper, some negative emotions can help you see the changes you need to make in your life.
38. Loss and heartbreak. Without the lows, you will never become resilient. You will not be able to appreciate life’s blessings and highs.
39. Challenges. Life challenges can help make you a more empathetic and stronger version of yourself.
40. Visionaries. The Elon Musks of the world are worth thanking for. We all can benefit from their grand visions and contribution to the world and humanity.
41. Changing seasons. Autumn’s falling leaves, the first snow, summer—each offering beauty that’s worth our gratitude.
42. Honesty. At times, honesty hurts. At times, it’s hard. But it will always make things a whole lot better.
43. Being born in this time period. Although we are facing massive challenges, it’s still great to see how far humanity has come.
44. New discoveries. Whether it’s a new food or a new favorite perfume, new discoveries are worth celebrating. They help make us feel more alive.
45. Pets. They teach us about unconditional love. They make life fun, interesting, and just a whole lot better.
46. Your age. Whether it’s the vitality or wisdom that comes with it, there’s always something great about your current age.
47. Energy. The older you get, the more you are able to appreciate your energy levels.
48. Events to look forward to. Often, there is happiness to be found in the things and events you look forward to.
49. When a child says something funny. Small kids and toddlers say the funniest things.
50. Change. While not always welcome, life would be less interesting without it.
Over to You
There you have it—our second instalment. In our third instalment, we will tackle the things you should be grateful for about yourself. It will be a good read so don’t miss it!