If you scroll through social media nowadays, you will see tons of influencers that proclaim to be “lightworkers’ pop up.
These “illuminated” humans are ethereal beings that believe they are connected to the source of energy of the universe.
While some dismiss lightworkers as nothing more than tie-dying bohos or hippies, nothing can be farther from the truth.
What is a Lightworker?
A lightworker can be anyone.
A lightworker can be a teacher, actor, chef, student.
Basically, lightworker definition is anyone who is one earth for one reason: to bring light to the world.
Can you think of one person in your life who fits the description?
A lightworker or a light person is someone who can always make you happy.
Perhaps, you have asked yourself the question, “Am I a lightworker myself?”
Essentially, lightworkers show up in the world as a beacon of light and hope especially during trying times.
The trying times don’t have to be massive.
Sometimes, it can be the loss of a relationship or a job that might cause you much distress or cause you to play it safe at all times.
In the energy world, “darkness” is not always considered evil or sinister.
Dark energy refers to the actions and thoughts that are rooted in fear, ego, and the scarcity mindset.
It is settling for a job that is not fulfilling or staying in a toxic relationship because you are too scared to really go after what you want in life.
Dark energy also promotes separation and competition and divides people from one another.
At the end of the day, this darkness leads you far away from your authentic self and pushes you to rely on fear and not love as your ultimate life guide.
A lightworker is someone who embraces joyfulness and authenticity.
They lead a very expansive life that is full of love and fun.
They do not compete with anyone.
Often, lightworkers have endured some kind of spiritual awakening that has led them to lead a life of purpose and meaning.
Lightworkers are naturally intuitive and spiritual, they are constantly digging deep into their self-awareness to gain a better understanding of themselves, of others, and their journey.
Different Types of Lightworkers
There are various types of lightworkers. You might recognize some of them in the list below:
- Gatekeeping. This group of lightworkers will help you access high levels of love and light by helping you explore your heart.
- Healers. Healers are highly sensitive to other people’s energies. They are often referred to as empaths. Empaths provide physical, emotional, and spiritual healing.
- Messengers. Messengers are in tune with angels, ancestors, and spirit guides. They also receive messages from angels, ancestors, and spirit guides to help them navigate their problems.
Signs You are a Lightworker
How to know if you’re a lightworker? The following are some telltale signs that point you are one.
- You know through intuition that you are on earth for a higher purpose, one that is related to awakening and transforming your life and that of others. You pour your time and energy into raising humanity’s collective consciousness.
- You have this innate wisdom about life even at a young age. You are also highly intuitive, spiritual, and philosophical. You always perplex others with your knowledge and wisdom at a young age.
- You are somewhat of a loner despite your ability to connect with others effortlessly. This can be attributed to the fact that you are sensitive to the energy of others and can only take it in small doses.
- Since you experienced traumas, challenges, and other difficulties early in your life, you also understand at an early age that they were not intended to hurt you in any way. Rather, you experienced those challenges to help awaken the healer in you.
- You always make it your mission to improve your life and the lives of everyone around you. Your primary drive is to figure out what areas in your life you need to fix and how you can make it better. While this can easily border into perfectionism, it can be an incredible gift when used the right way.
- If you struggled with mental illness, you don’t see them as a handicap. Rather, they are adaptations to your circumstances. You know that part of your purpose here is to make people see their emotional, physical, mental, and spiritual health from a totally different perspective.
- You are spiritual but not religious. One of your life goals is to help other people re-internalize their true power. Even if you used principles or teachings from an enlightened master, your primary focus is on awakening the god within people and to help them see their unlimited potential, power, and healing capabilities.
- You are naturally creative. As such, your healing process typically involves some form of art, one-on-one healing modality, or writing.
- You are the perfect example of an old soul. You are mature, wise, and seem to have the experience and wisdom of many lifetimes despite your young age.
- You are inexplicably different from others. This has caused you to struggle when it comes to finding your tribe and you feel as though you don’t fit anywhere.
- You have a deep awareness of yourself and your life. While your journey of healing and awakening is ongoing, you continue to shine light on the shadow aspects that most people deny and reject.
- You are a very powerful manifestor. When you think about something or focus on something deliberately, you are able to bring it into your reality in just a short period of time.
- Your strong manifesting power can be both a blessing and a curse. You have to be very particular about what you focus on. Otherwise, you can end up manifesting them into your reality regardless if it is good or bad.
- You are drawn to ancient spiritual texts that involve ascension and energy. Eastern philosophies resonate more with you rather than the Western ones.
- You are almost psychic when it comes to your ability to know what other people are feeling or thinking.
- You are aware that you are here to eliminate your old karmic patterns and break into a new level of awareness and consciousness. You also fully understand that your purpose here is more than just a job or task. Rather, your purpose here is to become the person you are always meant to be.
- One of your primary life objectives is self-growth. You always focus on how you can be a better version of yourself. You also believe that the best years of your life are yet to come.
- You have this very strong connection to nature and you see nature as the closest you can ever get to becoming aligned with the universal source.
- You have experienced intense spiritual awakening at multiple points in your life. In the process, you were able to purge out all the limiting beliefs that once held you back. You accept and know that the awakening can sometimes be painful and exhausting but necessary.
- You know that you are part of a global effort to raise consciousness. You are referred to as a frontrunner in the spiritual community.
If you are a lightworker, it does not mean you are more special compared to the rest. It means you have learned your lesson earlier and you are tasked to help others navigate their own awakening.